Development engineer (f/m/d)
WHAT WE DO
SMELA GmbH develops, manufactures and sells compact and energy-efficient electromechanical drives. The integration of our drives into production and packaging systems ensures that a wide range of everyday objects - from smartphones to toothbrushes - can be produced and packaged more ecologically and economically. Our mission is to enable all companies in the world to manufacture their products more sustainably, conveniently and economically. We, the SMELA family, are fully committed to our specially developed and patented products and approach our day-to-day work with a great amount of passion and enthusiasm.
The many prizes we have won in recent years also speak for us. Incidentally, our 2nd place in the ranking puts us among the "TOP50 start-ups in Germany".
WHY WE NEED YOU
As our development talent, you are responsible for SMELA's future and the further development of our products. Depending on your expertise, you will be involved in the construction of mechatronic components, PCB design, programming controllers, measuring performance data, evaluating, analyzing and documenting. In close cooperation with the entire team, you can give free rein to your creative, structured and analytical streak, continuously develop your skills and grow together with us.
WHAT YOU ACHIEVE WITH US
- You develop and design new products and accompany their introduction from the initial idea through to series production.
- You will assist in carrying out trials, tests and analyses for the development of new products.
- Design-related simulations and calculations are part of your everyday work.
- Together with your future colleagues, you will be responsible for planning and controlling assembly processes and developing new tools.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation (models, drawings, specifications, etc.) is also part of the daily routine.
- Thinking along with us is not only allowed but encouraged: process optimizations in cooperation with other areas of the company are therefore welcome.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a university or college degree in electrical engineering.
- Your heart beats for electromechanics and you have already gained some experience in the form of internships or even initial work experience in this field.
- Programming languages such as C, C++ and/or Python are no foreign languages for you.
- You already have experience in the design of printed circuit boards (PCB).
- Knowledge of networking machines using e.g. BUS systems, EtherCAT, Can etc. would be nice to have.
- You think in a solution-oriented way, work in a structured manner and demonstrate a good sense for urgent tasks.
- You are a real team player.
- Do you have additional or other skills that would suit us? Then please let us know!
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Of course this is a matter for us. After all, good work should always be well paid. For this reason, every team member goes home with his or her feel-good salary.
Is written in capital letters with us! We are a close-knit team. To keep it that way in the future, there are regular team events with something for every character. In addition, we have flat hierarchies and a "Duz" culture right from the start.
Every person is different, and so are our team members. In order to maintain your work-life balance as much as possible, we do not have fixed working hours and offer you the opportunity to choose your own individual working time model.
With us, you have the opportunity to take out a company pension plan including detailed advice and ongoing support.
A team member can only work as well as the equipment he has at his disposal. We provide you with state-of-the-art technology (also for your home office) and a company car for regular business trips.
To recharge your batteries, you have 30 days of paid vacation at your disposal. In addition, we offer you the opportunity to have a massage every 2 weeks during working hours.
Does this sound interesting to you? Then apply with the help of this form and become part of the SMELA family.
We are looking forward to getting to know you!